The Spring cleaning season must be upon us! I’m not sure what struck me but I have been working down in the basement a lot lately cleaning and trying to figure out what exactly we all have. Would you believe there are still pieces of my childhood down there? Toys even! While some of the things are worth keeping, the majority of it needs to go. Most of the things down there never see the light of day anymore. They have served their purpose and are only cluttering up the basement.
Spring cleaning is great for our homes but it can also refresh our ways of thinking and how we see and treat ourselves. Have you ever taken inventory on yourself and the pieces of your life that do not need to be there? Now’s the perfect time if you haven’t! Bring on the Spring Cleaning: Personal Mode.
Maybe you have things in your life that have yet to see the light of day- the things that eat away at you every single day inside but are never able to make it past your mouth. The secrets. Maybe there are certain attitudes you carry around that could use a little (or a lot of) tweaking. Maybe feelings such as unworthiness, shame, and worthlessness are constantly on your mind. Bad habits? Unhealthy relationships? Insecurities? This list could go on and on… whether it’s filled with serious things that need to change or more simple things to work on over time. Whatever it is, I would encourage you to get at it, get inside your heart and mind, and clean it out! Sometimes the things we let ourselves believe and do can be so poisonous to us. There is no reason why we should be letting ourselves live in that poison and destroy our quality of life.
I know I have a lot of time that needs to be spent in the Personal Mode of spring cleaning this season and I hope that you will spend some time there as well. Personally, I know I can’t wait to let go of some of my poison and get it out of my life! It’s not going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it.
Happy Spring everyone!
POST BY ROSIE HANKE
DIY Glitter Shoes!
I once heard a quote “Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world.” Initially, I thought to myself “Wow those must be some pair of shoes!?” However, I started to think a little deeper into it. The right pair of shoes makes us feel sexy, confident, and even fancy. It’s not necessarily the shoes, but the feelings associated with the shoes. So what better way to boost your confidence and self love than by a kick butt pair of shoes?! Here is a formula (that you can try on any shoes) that will allow you to conquer the world, demand respect, and remind yourself of the strong individual you are!
Modge Podge glasse finish
Glitter- beware black glitter is harder to work with!!
A pair of shoes
Water Proof Shoe protector
1. Mix the glitter and the modge podge in a bowl! Make sure you use more glitter than modge podge!
2. Start painting the mixture on the shoes with the foam paintbrush. (If there are laces involved, make sure you take them out first) Wait 20 minutes before applying the next coat.
3. For the second coat, I poured some of the glitter directly on the shoes and packed it into the gaps with the left over glitter glue from before. Do you best to make the coat even and smooth! Do as many coats as you feel necessary!
4. Once the shoes are dry, do a coat of just the modge podge (no glitter) and after they dry then make sure you spray them with water proofer to seal the modge podge and glitter into the shoes!
5. WEAR WEAR WEAR- Conquer the world in your new kicks! AND don’t forget- You are So Worth Loving <3
Photos- weheartit.com && my own pictures!