What a great way to end the week by checking out our new Love You. Love People. unisex tee!
If you weren’t able to make it today, tomorrow we are still partying it up at ICE Atlanta!
Come give us a hug and buy some new delights!
"Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."
"I firmly believe in small gestures: pay for their coffee, hold the door for strangers, over tip, smile or try to be kind even when you don’t feel like it, pay compliments, chase the kid’s runaway ball down the sidewalk and throw it back to him, try to be larger than you are- particularly when it’s difficult.
People do notice. People appreciate.
I appreciate it when it’s done to (for) me. Small gestures can be an effort, or actually go against our grain, but the irony is that almost every time you make them, you feel better about yourself. For a moment, life suddenly feels lighter, a bit more Gene Kelly dancing in the rain.”
This has been on my heart for a while.
Why is this simple idea so hard to do? We fight, we argue, we hold grudges with and against the people we care most about. We pass over helping people in need because we’re too busy or we don’t know how to get involved.
It all starts with love.
It doesn’t take elaborate gestures or lots of money to make a difference. Let’s just love each other. I think that’s the best way to start.
Written and shared by the lovely Abby Jennings
Just like Abby, we are wanting to spread the word of loving each other! Be a part of this lifestyle change, Love You. Love People., and share your story of how loving yourself has helped you learn to love others.
Go on Instagram. Post a wonderful picture of yourself (I’m sure you have loads to choose from), and tell your story. Don’t forget to hashtag #loveyoulovepeople so more people with eager hearts can be impacted by your words!
DIY Glitter Shoes!
I once heard a quote “Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world.” Initially, I thought to myself “Wow those must be some pair of shoes!?” However, I started to think a little deeper into it. The right pair of shoes makes us feel sexy, confident, and even fancy. It’s not necessarily the shoes, but the feelings associated with the shoes. So what better way to boost your confidence and self love than by a kick butt pair of shoes?! Here is a formula (that you can try on any shoes) that will allow you to conquer the world, demand respect, and remind yourself of the strong individual you are!
Modge Podge glasse finish
Glitter- beware black glitter is harder to work with!!
A pair of shoes
Water Proof Shoe protector
1. Mix the glitter and the modge podge in a bowl! Make sure you use more glitter than modge podge!
2. Start painting the mixture on the shoes with the foam paintbrush. (If there are laces involved, make sure you take them out first) Wait 20 minutes before applying the next coat.
3. For the second coat, I poured some of the glitter directly on the shoes and packed it into the gaps with the left over glitter glue from before. Do you best to make the coat even and smooth! Do as many coats as you feel necessary!
4. Once the shoes are dry, do a coat of just the modge podge (no glitter) and after they dry then make sure you spray them with water proofer to seal the modge podge and glitter into the shoes!
5. WEAR WEAR WEAR- Conquer the world in your new kicks! AND don’t forget- You are So Worth Loving <3
Photos- weheartit.com && my own pictures!