So Worth Loving.
Why wear a shirt that has “So Worth Loving” printed on the back or front of it??
1. Someone may see this reminder and have never thought about themselves as worthy of love.
2. By wearing this phrase you feel empowered. It is a reminder to you that you are worthy of love. No one can change how you view yourself except you. Know that you are worthy of love and wear this shirt boldly and proud. Your confidence will inspire others to view themselves this way too.
Need we say more?
Your value does not lie on your decision making ability.
What happens when your plans don’t come to fruition? What does it feel like when the plans you made with someone fall tragically to the wayside? How do you respond when a decision you made and acted on for your life turns out to be the “wrong” one?
Do you feel downcast? Does your heart feel heavy inside your chest? Is your worth called into question (mainly by you and no one else).
You are not alone. These feelings of sadness, rejection, confusion and lack of self-worth happen to many or perhaps, dare I say, ALL of us.
But know this…one day the sadness will lift. Old plans will be replaced by new ones. Dreams will fill the pages of your journal, dreams that outshine what currently feels like the be all and end all of dreams.
Remember that no one else’s decisions can change your destiny. True, they may change the path to getting there but if something good is meant for you, it will come to fruition.
Your value does not lie on your decision making ability. It does not lie in whether someone chose to spend their life with you. And it definitely does not lie in what you do.
You, yes you, are so worth loving. Don’t let any bump in your road tell you otherwise.
POST BY MICHELLE
It’s Eryns birthday and she wanted to share this day with her entire SWL family. That is why we are having a sale on all of our Nuts and Bolts tees! If you look closely at the shirt it says “established for you and established by you”- We believe that we all can choose whether or not we are worthy of love.
We can not control what other people say about us but we can control our response. Tell yourself you are worthy of love. Believe it. Know it.
"Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
Rumi, thirteenth century Sufi poet
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde
The Nine Lives of Your Old Gym Clothes: A shirt-cutting tutorial.
Gather your t-shirts large and small, find your scissors, and turn on Elvis Live from Madison Square Garden 1972 because it is time to turn the old to new! Also, put the cat out of the room. If he is anything like mine he will attack your scissors, and my cat has a PhD.
My secret to shirt cutting is to not measure and make it up as you go. Great direction, right? Trust me.
The first step is to pick a shirt that if you were to mess it up, it would be okay.
- Lay the shirt on a flat surface and taking your scissors cut along the hem of the shoulder to remove the sleeves evenly.
- Next comes the neck. For a scoop neck simply cut along the seam of the neckline and then stretch the neck and allow the edges to coil slightly.
- And voila! Your shirt that’s been collected wrinkles in your bottom drawer has been brought to life with an entirely new body! Just consider yourself the Dr. Frankenstein of used clothing.
**But if you’re feeling a little nuts you could take the back of the shirt and using a black marker draw a line from the top to the bottom right down the center (picture above).
- Now draw horizontal lines across the back of the shirt from the top to the bottom. Now take your scissors and cut along the lines creating strips.
- Once you’re done cutting take each strip and stretch them so that they coil around.
- Now you can either tie the strips together, braid them together, whatever you’d like! This works best with XL shirts so venture over to the men’s t-shirt section of the local thrift.
A piece of clothing, like a cat, should have many lives.
POST BY Brandi Britain
tough times will pass and you will be stronger.
“You don’t need anything more in your life to be someone great….”
Have you ever looked at the lives of people around you and then came back to yourself with a yucky feeling inside questioning why you don’t have what they have or how you could be at such a different place in life than them? *raises hand* I have. It’s part jealousy – part insecurity.
I have looked at my friends’ lives and compared my own life to theirs only seeing the positives in their own and the negatives in mine. I saw how far ahead some of them were in their schooling, in their careers (yes, careers, not just jobs), and life in general. I thought how did I mess everything up so much to end up where I am? ..So far from where I thought I should be and where society said I should be. I was mad at myself and comparing myself to others success only made things worse.
Are you comparing yourself to someone else or someone else’s accomplishments? If so, Stop! When we do things like that we are only hurting ourselves. I came to realize that looking at my life in such a way that could only make me wish I had more to prove of myself was pretty ridiculous. It doesn’t matter where I am in life or what I have accomplished at this point in time- None of those things make me more or less loveable and the same goes for you.
You don’t need anything more in your life to be someone great, or to be more valued, or to have a better looking life— You are already worth so much more than you can imagine. Where you’re at in life does not define your worth.
It can be so easy to fall into a place of self-hate when you compare yourself to others; don’t do that to yourself. When you stop comparing, you open up your world and yourself to a newfound freedom that gives you the magic and the beauty to just be yourself!
Love yourself where you are, for who you are.
POST BY ROSIE HANKE
Canon EOS 5D Mark II